Friday, December 15, 2006

numMacDevBlogs++;

Welcome, all, to YAMDB. I write Mac code and I have opinions, so it's only fitting that I should have a blog. Also, Daniel Jalkut told me to start one, and I don't want to disappoint.

I've been writing Mac code for about 8 years, and only recently took the Obj-C/Cocoa plunge. So far, no regrets other than the message dispatch overhead(flame at will). It does seem curious, though, how "Mac development" seems to be synonymous with "Cocoa development" these days. Maybe it's just me, but now that I have a reason to learn Unix, I find the underlying system equally as fascinating as Apple's latest API. Before the flames engulf me- I am not insulting Cocoa, and I am enjoying learning more about Cocoa every day from all the other Mac devs. It's simply easier for me to learn the Unix stuff, with good ole C.

With that in mind, I hope to balance out the Cocoa-heavy blogosphere with a bit of the old-fashioned, procedural Unix goodness. I reserve the right to also post Cocoa stuff occasionally.

I also hope to keep things purely technical and avoid politics. Given the current climate of MacHeist, phantom exploits, and general Wintards, we'll see how that pans out.

No comments: