Saturday, June 30, 2007

Choices and Repercussions

People want better phones, apparently.

Ryan Overdevest, a 22-year-old student on a summer internship at an equity research firm, was third in line at the AT&T Store. [...] “I’m here for my boss. He sent me here as soon as I got in.” Overdewest showed up for work at 6 a.m., and was in line by 6:30 Friday morning.

Sucks for Ryan. As a summer intern, I slept way past 6 AM, did some work, had some fun, and then went to a local Apple store to witness the iMadness firsthand.

This is why I didn't major in equity research.

4 comments:

Brian Ray said...

Did you realize you posted this at 2AM... gees your up all night. Wish I could be. Hope your having fun on your internship. Cheers, bray

Anonymous said...

Hi Blake. We are looking for a Cocoa programmer to help us complete our Cocoa platform layer and to help us improve our Mac support for REALbasic. If you're interested, please email me your resume. (geoff@realsoftware.com) Otherwise, if you know anyone that might be interested, please feel free to forward this message to them.

Sorry for posting this here but I couldn't find your email address.

Adonis said...

Hahaha, this was hilarious! Ah, choices...

Anyways, I'm like the last guy: can't find your email, Blake, but we met at the pub after the last Cocoaheads meeting. It was good meeting and talking with an Xcoder, albeit towards the end of the Cocoaheads session.

Blake C. said...

No worries, adonis- I'll look for you at the February Cocoaheads :)